Have you ever heard of foam rolling? Your assisted living facility in Clinton has been privy to the benefits of this new technique gaining popularity among seniors around the country. Foam rolling is a self-myofascial release (SMR) technique. The reason is so popular is that it can be a great addition to any exercise routine. At Park Vista-Camanche, a premier Clinton assisted living facility, anytime we move is moving in the right direction.
Foam rolling is more than something to adjust to your workout; though; it can also help with pain relief and joint stiffness. Seniors who struggle with a range of motion issues can benefit from foam rolling as well.
What are some of the benefits of foam rolling?
Our Clinton assisted living facility wants you to know you don’t have to be an avid exerciser to enjoy this. It can be fantastic for people who sit all day too, have joint issues, or just sore muscles. Here are a few of the benefits of foam rolling:
- It helps ease soreness and increases range of motion and increases blood flow.
- It helps relieve back pain. SMR can help ease pain in the body and may help release tension in the back.
- Foam rolling can help manage fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Foam rolling can help you relax the tightness of your muscles.
How can you get started with foam rolling at the assisted living facility in Clinton?
You do not need any experience with foam rolling for a workout routine to begin. Here are a few tips to get started:
- It might be painful at first to use a foam roller if your muscles are tight. However, at our Clinton senior living community, we know you can just adjust the pressure just by reducing the amount of weight you’re putting on the roller.
- Roll all your sore muscles for about 20 seconds and work the time up slowly.
- Hydrate! Keep hydrated, and it will help with recovery.
Foam rolling can be a bit painful, especially in the beginning, but if you have pain in a specific area, this might be just the thing to loosen up that muscle. Ease yourself in it, and don’t push yourself too hard. Here at Park Vista in Clinton, we strive to make you have the most comfortable days possible, and foam rolling may just be where it’s at!