Finishing up our summer movie series, remember summers are long, and sometimes you need to fill your time with some good old-fashioned entertainment. Here is part two of our list. Of course, this is just our opinion, but we’ve added a few classics and some fun novelty films. Get ready. Here are your final summer movie recommendations from Park Vista – North Hill.
5. Driving Miss Daisy (1989) – You would think almost every Moline assisted living facility would recommend this tale about a spunky Jewish widow in the 1950s. The main character is no longer allowed to drive after backing her car into her neighbor’s yard. Her son insists on hiring a driver who happens to be an African American man, and she is resistant to change and, at first, refuses to go anywhere. The two develop a lovely friendship just like you will with the residents at Park Vista, if you ask a friend to watch with you.
4. Invictus (2009) – At Park Vista, a premier Moline assisted living facility, we recommend this true story of a South African president Nelson Mandela who knows his nation remains racially and economically divided in the wake of apartheid. He believes he can bring people together through the universal language of sports! He decides to get everyone together for a rugby match.
3. The Straight Story (1999) – Alvin Straight is A 73-year-old man with many struggles, including needing two canes to walk. Many residents at our Moline assisted living facility walk with devices, so they can relate to Mr. Straight. He lives with his special needs daughter and hasn’t spoken to his 75-year-old brother in more than ten years. After hearing his brother had a heart attack, he decides to travel 750 miles to reunite and make amends.
2. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011) – Any assisted living community in Moline will enjoy this story of seven British retirees who travel to India to try out a retirement community there. Except, they promised more than they could deliver. They arrive to find an optimistic host, but it’s just a rundown hotel with many disappointments. Grab a friend at Park Vista – North Hill and turn on this hilarious story that is colorful and full of energy.
1. Up (2009) – Residents at a Moline senior living community should invite the grandkids and family in for this one. A wonderful tale of love, loss, and unlikely friendship. A 78-year-old man travels with a surprising companion, by balloon no less, to South America to visit the place he promised his wife they would one day visit. Warning, the first fifteen minutes are a bit emotional.
That’s a wrap, folks! Retirement living in Moline is full of fun things to do outdoors in the summer, but these are just a few senior-friendly movies to make you laugh, cry, and enjoy with a resident in your Moline assisted living community.
To learn more about your options at our Moline assisted living community, it is best to call and talk to the senior housing management at any of our Park Vista locations.
At Park Vista–North Hill, a premier Moline assisted living community, we’ll provide a comprehensive list of provided amenities when you tour the grounds. One thing is always a guarantee; you will experience a caring and nurturing environment that will make you feel like an essential part of our Moline community.
All our campuses are pet friendly and offer a wide range of beauty salons and barber services to ease your stress. There is even a happy hour at almost every location! Check out our Park Vista facilities to learn more about your options for independent living, assisted living, memory care, and respite care.