A Waupaca independent living facility Encourages Eye Health—Our independent living facility at Waupaca knows that as you get older, your eyesight suffers. You are definitely at higher risk of having issues than your younger counterparts. You could have anything from a detached retina to glaucoma. At Park Vista, a Waupaca independent living facility, we know that some age-related issues are unavoidable. Others can be avoided with good nutrition.
Would You Like to Take a Tour?
Give us a call at (715) 256-0100 to contact us today!
Some vitamins are known to protect visitation. Here at our independent living facility in Waupaca, we encourage our residents to eat food that boosts their visitation. So, what are the best vision-boosting ingredients? Research shows that the following may promote healthier eyes:
- Foods rich in vitamin C – Researchers have jokingly referred to this as “Vitamin Sea.” These are found in fruits like strawberries, oranges, and red peppers.
- Berries with anthocyanins – Anthocyanins are a powerful antioxidant. They may help protect your eyes from UV damage, cataracts, glaucoma, and more. You can find it in berries, like blackberries and blueberries.
- Omega 3 fatty acids – Your eyes can benefit from consuming them, too. Cold-water fatty fish, such as mackerel, tuna, salmon, sardines, and herring, are good choices. Nuts, seeds, and plant oils are others.
- Antioxidants and zeaxanthin – You can find them in leafy greens, especially spinach and kale, as well as eggs, kiwi, grapes, squash, and zucchini.
- Beta-carotene and vitamin c – Some foods contain both vitamin C and beta-carotene, as do other red and orange vegetables and fruits. Sweet potatoes, yellow pepper, cantaloupe, apricots, and pumpkin are other choices.
Healthy Nutrition for Seniors at an Independent Living Facility in Waupaca
A well-balanced diet is essential during the golden years and overall successful aging, not just eye health. Knowing how many calories to consume and which foods to eat at a Waupaca independent living facility is very important. At Park Vista, we try to make our meals as balanced as possible. We plan our menus to best encourage nutritional integrity for our seniors. We are making it matter one day at a time to each and every one of our residents, whether it is eye health or cholesterol.
Making It Matter one day at a time.
As time goes on, you might need more help with day-to-day activities. There are lots of options at Park Vista. We provide assisted living in Waupaca to help you stay physically and mentally active with our on-site amenities, intentional programming, and round-the-clock care provided with compassion and grace.
Are You Looking for a Premier Waupaca Assisted Living Facility?
At Park Vista: Waupaca, a leading Waupaca senior living community, our staff is dedicated to ensuring you or your loved one receives the best possible care. We recognize the importance of security and safety for our residents and their families. Our facility and programs are designed around keeping everyone happy, healthy, and safe.
Call us today at (715) 256-0100, or visit our website to fill out a contact form to learn more about what makes us a leading senior living community.