There is a lot of information out there about how seniors can get involved in a new environment, but now that your loved one has moved into senior retirement community in DeForest what about you? How do you, as a wife, son, daughter, granddaughter, husband, still be a part of their life? There is no reason to lose connections with the one you hold dear.
At Park Vista, we encourage visitors to our facilities. In fact, if you are interested in becoming more involved in your senior’s experience, there are lots of ways to remain involved:
- Visiting – At first, familiarize yourself with the senior retirement community in DeForest. Schedule a regular time to come by each week, or twice a week, to get to know the staff at Noel Manor. You will start to make friends with the staff and learn to make friends with residents. Bringing together the outside community with the residents of is always a goal.
- Volunteering – Does the DeForest assisted living community have a flower garden that needs your help? Can you call a bingo game for residents at the DeForest senior living community? Do you have a talent to share? Volunteering can be a great way to get involved in the local community. You can volunteer alone or with friends. You can even get school districts involved by asking students to write letters to residents. The possibilities are endless.
- Advocating – There are many ways to be involved in your loved one’s life beyond the local life. Some organizations like AARP, the National Council on Aging and the Alzheimer’s Association are great places to lend your time and support. These places care and try to change policies to promote better lives for older adults.
Senior Living Community in DeForest: Asking the Right Questions
- Did you speak to a family advisor?
- Decide the level of care needed?
- Is the price right?
- Is the DeForest assisted living community the right location for you?
- Did you tour the top choices?
- Did you make a list of all your questions?
- Did you select the best type of senior living option for your situation?
When looking for a place to call home for yourself or someone you love, make sure you do all your research. It is a life decision and nothing to be taken lightly. Our senior living community in DeForestwants to make sure that we are the right fit for you, so come and meet our wonderful staff. We are here to show you that we are not a one size fits all community.
There are hundreds of options for seniors, and the staff at the Legacy of DeForest believes it is an honor and a privilege to be chosen to care for your loved one.
At Park Vista–The Legacy of DeForest, we’ll provide a comprehensive list of provided amenities when you tour the grounds at our senior retirement community in Deforest. One thing is always a guarantee; you will experience a caring and nurturing environment that will make you feel like an essential part of our DeForest community.
All our campuses are pet friendly and many offer beauty salons and barber services to ease your stress. Also, there is a happy hour at almost every location! Our Park Vista locations offer many options for independent living, assisted living, memory care, and respite care.